My name is Erica and I'm from Long Island, NY
How would you describe your hair? What's your hair type?
My hair texture is 4C and I would describe it as low porosity at times and thick
I started my relax hair journey on 8/4/2012 (best decision ever). I learned with my hair less is more so I try and make my hair regimen as simple as possible.
- Wash my hair, do a light protein treatment and deep condition weekly under my steamer
- Alternate between my Crème of Nature Argan Oil Strenth & Shine Leave In and Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Infusion leave in
- Moisturize and seal every 1-2 days with Scurl Moisturizer and seal with African Royal Hot Six Oil
- Always tie my hair up at night and finger comb only except wash days
- Oil my scalp a few times a week followed by a 5 minute scalp massage
- Protective style 95% of the time
- Do medium protein treatments every 8 weeks using ORS Hair Mayo
- Clarify and use a porosity control shampoo and conditioner monthly(Roux Porosity Control Shampoo and Conditioner and Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo)
- Relax my hair once every 16 weeks (looking for a new relaxer)